Thursday 2 June 2011

OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY



by Earlie Doriman
According to Lao Tsu, ‘To love somebody deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage’.  Don’t blame me, I am spontaneously carried away by love quotes and affectionate verses because today is our wedding anniversary.

It is but profoundly wonderful to bring back memories of first acquaintance, the excitement of being in love and the
answered prayer of magic that lasts. Yes, it was what I prayed to God. Someone who knows how to accept my limitations and understand my weaknesses; and He gave me my wife. And I am truthfully thankful that she came into my life, silently, but meaningfully.


This day, four years ago, we  promised before God and to all who witnessed the ceremony as we commit our hearts and soul to the sacred vows of marriage. I could not imagine the four years without her because she is truly God's gift,  a genuine better half of me, a very special wife, my best friend, and a devoted mother to our two sons. I don't ask for more because she is simply who I wish to be with in this lifetime. To my wife, Happy Anniversary and Thank you for celebrating love and life with me.

Allow me to share this lovely memories of our wedding on June 2, 2007. And they go with romantic quotes of love and promises of happiness in spite of the struggles and challenges that every married people like us have to conquer everyday. 
My best friend, my lover, my wife
I truly love this poem by Andre' Cardenas because every word that he wrote, mirrors that feeling that I want to convey. 

Hand in hand we walk together,
God's grace warms us from above.
It's him I thank each day I wake
for blessing me with all your love.
The sunshine in my morning
and the bird that sings my song.
In this life when I am troubled through God it's you who keeps me strong.
The wind beneath my wings
as this eagle takes to flight.
You are the stars that brighten up my sky in the darkness of the night.
The mother of my children and the air that gives me life.
My truest friend of all...
my heart, my soul, my wife.






Our wedding ring
My wife and I

Mignon Mclaughin quoted this one “ A successful marriage requires falling in love many time, always with the same person”. Being truly in love requires that magic that lives forever in both your hearts. It does not necessarily be a perfect union, but both of you should know how to compensate each other's imperfections. 


Another beautiful poem by an anonymous author speaks about love and thankfulness that we both like.


My wife with her flower girls

I love you not only for what you are,
But for what I am when I am with you
I love you not only for what you have made of yourself
But for what you are making me
I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
I love you for passing over all my foolish and weak traits,
That you can’t help but see
I love you for drawing out into the light my beauty,
That no one else had looked quite far enough to din

I love you.



One funny quote by Winston Churchill amazes me a lot because it sounds subtle but true and it reads "My most brilliant achievement was my ability to persuade my wife to marry me". 



If you could only read my mind
And hear what my heart is shouting
If only you could hold my hand 
And feel that it's trembling
If you could listen to the birds
That I send to sing
I don't have to kneel down here
And ask you to be mine forever

It's obviously our wedding cake. I could not tell
you now if it tasted good. I could only hear people  asking
another 'KISS'





There is this beautifully written poem by an unknown author which I like to share as well because it portraits both our emotions.

This day I married my best friend
the one I laugh with as we share life's wonderous zest,
as we find new enjoyments and experience all that's best.
the one I live for because the world seems brighter
as our happy times are better and our burdens feel much lighter.
the one I love with every fiber of my soul.
We used to feel vaguely incomplete, now together we are whole.
























25 comments:

  1. wow! congratulations earl! hope you both have all the happiness and joy in the world for the rest of your lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ahbi,

    Thanks a lot for your greetings. I appreciate it much. It is indeed overwhelming to celebrate our anniversary after many challenges along the way.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earl, congratulations to you and Leah on this your anniversary day. Wishing you much love and happiness now and in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a beautiful wedding you had, and from your post I can tell you love your wife very much. She is a lucky woman, and I sure you feel like a lucky man!
    I pray for lots of blessings for your life, and hope that you have a truly special day.
    Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you both :) To many joyful years ahead...Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi nothingprofound,

    Thanks for your message and wish.We live each day trying our best to remain what we are and being able to nourish the love that we share from the day we both fell in love.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi healingleaf,

    We are thankful for your lovely greetings, and i feel flattered with your compliments. We are not perfect couple but we always ask God to fill up our limitations and to guide us in every decision that we make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sprigblossom,

    Thanks you very much and thank you for your good wishes. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello sir Earl!

    Happy fourth wedding anniversary to you and mam leah, hope you will be blessed more with much joy, happiness and wealth in your union!Nice wedding photos sir earl...God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joyce,

    Salamat kaayo. A very young marriage yet,and we are always trying our best, with God on our side we know we'll make it stronger everyday.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gerie Realista3 June 2011 at 14:50

    hello....happy wedding anniversary....was just so glad to have witnessed the event....
    -GerieR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mam Gerie,

    You did not only witness it but become a true part of it being one of our Ninangs. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that is so sweet earl,heartiest congratulations on wonderful day ,wishing you a very beautiful and peaceful life,

    thanks for sharing lovely pics ,
    god bless always

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi baili,

    Thanks for dropping by again and thanks also for your kind wishes.

    God bless you too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing You Both A Very Happy Marriage Anniversary .Have a very happy and healthy life together.What a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated happy anniversary! that's the best romantic thing ...ever...that a husband can do honoring his wife on this special day. Kudos to you Earl!!! You're both lucky to have each other in this lifetime. Congratulations and GOD BLESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kavita,

    Thanks a lot for your kind wishes. I honestly appreciate your time to read and drop some messages.

    Thanks again and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ate Polet,

    I should have said; 'Ninang polet'.
    It's very surprising to get your message today. I did not actually expect this. Hehehe. Thanks so much for your wonderful and inspiring words. They mean so much to us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Earl. Beautiful collection of wedding photos.
    My wife and I are set to celebrate our 56th anniversary this September. Beyond poetry, they say, lies reality. Reality is made up in marriage as well as life by innumerable small encounters and incidents forged on the anvil of experience. But then, poetry sounds so much better and your wife will find it so thoughtful.
    And as usual Lao Tsu is ths Master Teacher. My best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Count Sneaky,

    First of all thank you for the kind words.

    Imagining you 56 years is like looking at a vision that is to difficult to achieve, yet you both did it. You have all my respect and admiration that you were able to cross every single trial of a married life. You are so blessed to have kept each other. Your love and commitment is so rare in this world now.

    Like my parents who are married for 45 years now, you are all my inspiration to look up and imitate.

    Congratulations too..beyond a golden anniversary is something that is as precious as life itself.

    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated Happy Anniversary! I wish you more blessings and more blissful married years forever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi I Love-Hate America,

    Thanks for the greetings and good wishes.. It is always better late than never..hehehe..

    Thanks again and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a beautiful post...not only is your marriage a thing of beauty but so is your gratitude. All the best to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a very heartwarming and special celebration. congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Here's sending my sincere wedding anniversary wishes for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a wonderful blog. I wish you two keep the loving and understanding each other. My best and warmest wedding anniversary wishes for both of you! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete